Students of Color always DREAM!
Beautiful People of Color!
Watch the Senate today by clicking here.
The DREAM Act would
- Repeal a measure that financially penalizes states for providing in-state tuition to their resident undocumented students, allowing more states to make college more affordable.
- Make students eligible for federal loans and work study upon adjustment of their legal status.
- Provide a pathway to citizenship by giving students conditional legal status for 6 years. Legal status becomes permanent once 1 of the following requirements is met:
- Receive a 2 or 4 year degree from a higher education institution, or must have maintained good academic standing for at least 2 years while working towards a bachelors degree or highers.
- Serve in the U.S. military for 2 year.
Students have testified, we all have called, faxed, emailed, facebook, Students striked, rode bikes down the coast of California, many held a 8 day hunger strike, we lobbied, we marched, and soon to come is the time when a decision will be made on the federal DREAM ACT.
It is not over yet, they senate comes back at 12:30 PST so call, email, fax, twitter, and everything else you can do today to pressure the decision makers to vote YES on our DREAM. Then be sure to watch it with me and other students across the nation. We are the victory.
Updates: So TODAY the DREAM Act may be considered a part of the Defense Authorization Bill. Other legislation like “Don’t ask, Don’t tell” will be discussed, and maybe detached, and maybe voted on by today.
-Tiffany Dena Loftin